How to Sell on Fiverr and Make Money (An In-depth Guide)
Fiverr is a freelancing platform where sellers (freelancers) can sell their services (gigs) to clients in exchange for payment. In this post, you will learn how to sell on Fiverr and make money. You will also learn how to set up Fiverr accounts, how to create Fiverr gigs, and also how to withdraw your earnings.
Come on, let’s go!
What is Fiverr, and how does it work?
Fiverr is an online platform where clients can outsource projects to freelancers. Here’s how it works.
A client will hire a freelancer and tell him/her what to do. The freelancer will render the services and get paid when the work is delivered. Note that sellers can request an upfront payment before starting the projects.
Fiverr was founded in 2010. Since then, it has been connecting millions of clients with millions of sellers. You can also be one of these sellers, get hired on Fiverr and make money from the comfort of your home.
Also Read: 3 Easy Ways to make money On Jumia
What services can you sell on Fiverr?
You can render many services on Fiverr, as long as there’s a client for it. Here are a few of the most lucrative services on Fiverr.
- HR Consulting
- Content Writing
- Graphics Design
- Influencer Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Design and development
- Anything related to digital marketing, and lots more
Pls note the following:
- Although there’s no rule to this, it’s advisable to pick no more than 3 services and focus solely on them
- Sellers should only render services that they are very good at
What are the requirements to sell on Fiverr?
It’s very easy to set up a Fiverr seller account and start selling to clients. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Phone number
- An email address
- A photo clearly showing your face
- A bank account or online wallet (to receive payments)
How to set up a Fiverr seller account and start selling
Create a Fiverr seller account
- Go to a web browser (Chrome, Opera, Edge, etc). Paste or click fiverr.com into the URL address box
- Locate and press the Join button
- On the next page, provide your email address
- Create a unique username
- Create a password
- Tap on “Become a Seller”
- On the next page, glance through the content and press the “Continue” button
Setup your Fiverr seller account profile
- On the next page, input your full name
- Upload a picture that shows your face clearly. You should have taken this picture before starting your Fiverr seller registration and saved it on your device
- In a few words (600 characters max), describe your expertise and the services you want to render to clients
- On the next page, add your language skills and indicate your level of proficiency in each language
- On the next page, select an occupation from the menu. If your occupation is not on the list, click on “+ Add New” to manually input it
- Indicate the time (number of years and months) that you have been in that occupation
- On the next page, add between 2 to 5 skills you’re very good at
- Provide info about your university education and other academic details
- If you have certain certifications, add them on the next page. If you also have a website that contains your portfolio, you should add it as well
- On the next page, tap on “Continue”
Complete your Fiverr seller account registration
You’re almost done. Click on the “Connect” button to add your LinkedIn, Google or Facebook profile to your Fiverr seller account.
Although this is optional, you should link your LinkedIn profile to make you look more professional. On the next page, press the “Finish” button.
Welcome to Fiverr!
Also Read: How To Make Money On Fiverr
How to create and publish a gig on Fiverr
A gig is a service that you’re rendering on Fiverr. When you create a gig, a client will see and glance through it. If the client is convinced that you’re the right freelancer for the job, he/she will hire you.
Create a gig on your new Fiverr seller account
- From the menu bar, click on gigs and then “Create A New Gig”
- Give your new gig a title (80 characters max)
- From the drop-down menu, select a category for your gig
- Most categories on Fiverr also have sub-categories. Select the one that best describes your services
- In the “Search Tags” box, input possible search terms and keywords that clients are most likely to search for whenever they want to hire a service like yours
- Indicate whether you want to offer a single package or 3 packages. If it’s 3 packages, they will be Basic, Standard and Premium
- Enter a name and delivery period for each package
- Set the number of revisions, upgrades and extras you want to offer for each package
- Enter a price for each package and click the “continue” button
Recommended: How to Succeed on Fiverr by Doing Freelance Work
Publish your Fiverr seller gig
- On the next page, provide a detailed description of your gig
- Input frequently asked questions that your clients may want to ask (optional)
- Type in information and the materials that you will require from your clients if you’re to embark on their project
- Select the type of answer you want the client to give. Clients can give a Text, Multiple Answers or an Attached File, depending on what you prefer
- Although it’s optional, you should add samples of your previous jobs (including jobs you did outside of Fiverr)
- Go through everything and cross-check. If it looks good, go ahead and hit the “Publish” button
Brief advice for new sellers on Fiverr that are yet to land their first client(s)
Congratulations on becoming a seller on Fiverr. Note that your Fiverr seller account is fresh, and that means you don’t have any reviews yet. In that case, you should not change a huge amount for your services.
You should charge fees based on your ratings and level of expertise. The best way (according to Fiverr best sellers) is to charge less for your services in the beginning.
When you later get a good number of positive reviews from clients, you can increase your way, even higher than the usual amount.
You Might Be Interested In: 3 Easy Ways to make money On Jumia
How to withdraw your earnings and receive payment on Fiverr — Available withdrawal methods
There are 5 different withdrawal methods available on Fiverr, and some of them are only available in specific countries.
Due to that, we can’t explain the withdrawal steps, since we don’t know the country you’re residing in. However, we will mention the available withdrawal methods on Fiverr and the withdrawal fees for each.
The minimum amount you can withdraw to a Paypal account is $1. PayPal withdrawals don’t attract any transaction fees.
Fiverr sellers can only withdraw to a Payoneer account once every 24 hours. The maximum amount you can withdraw within this period is $5,000.
3. Bank Transfer: Powered by Payoneer
The minimum amount you can withdraw from your Fiverr account to a bank account is $20. A withdrawal fee of $3 applies to each withdrawal.
Note that currency conversion fees may also apply, depending on the country you’re residing in.
4. Direct Deposit: Powered by Payoneer
The direct deposit Fiverr withdrawal option is only available to sellers in the United States. The minimum amount you can withdraw is $10. Also, a processing fee of $1 applies to each withdrawal.
5. Fiverr Revenue Card: Powered by Payoneer
The revenue card withdrawal option is available for all countries, aside from Russia and India. The minimum amount you can withdraw is $30.
A fee of $3 applies to each withdrawal.
Note that all the withdrawal fees above are not charged by Fiverr.
They are being charged by the financial bodies (PayPal, Payoneer, etc) that you want to process your withdrawal through.
Keep this for later: I Will Help You Answer Your Fiverr Skill Test Question
How much does it cost to sell on Fiverr? How much percentage does Fiverr charge?
For clients hiring on Fiverr
A fee of $2 is charged for every project that is up to $40. If it’s more than $40, a flat fee of 5% will be charged.
For sellers (freelancers) on Fiverr
Fiverr charges a flat rate of 20% on each gig/project you get paid for. You won’t have to pay manually, as Fiverr automatically deducts it from the amount the client pays.
The remainder (80%) is what you will receive in your Fiverr seller account. Note that tips from clients are charged a commission of 20% as well.
Is Fiverr’s 20% commission on sellers too much?
No, it isn’t. It costs millions and probably billions of dollars to keep a huge website like Fiverr running 24/7. Also, Fiverr has employees that must receive a salary at the end of each month.
Furthermore, don’t forget about the digital and social media ads. Fiverr spends money on ads to attract users to the platform. Those users are the clients that will later hire and pay for your services.
Conclusion on how to sell on Fiverr and make money
Congratulations on becoming a seller on Fiverr. Land your new client, so a good job, deliver and receive your payment.
After selling and making money on Fiverr, you can withdraw to a bank account or online wallet using any of the withdrawal methods we mentioned.
You can start selling on Fiverr here.